Bioelectricity and Sensations during meditation

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

HyperShade
Inquirer
Inquirer
Bioelectricity and Sensations during meditation

Post by HyperShade » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 pm

I was wondering if Daniel, or anyone with sufficient knowledge or understanding, could ellaborate on some sensations that are felt during meditation.

There are 2 particular sensations I'm interested in. Firstly, I often feel (what I believe to be) bioelectricity flowing through my spine and pulsating all over my body when I've been meditating for a few minutes. I don't know what this really is, I could conciously control the ability to create this sensation out of a meditative state for as long as I can remember. Is this Chi or Prana or whatever else it is called these days?

Also, I often hit a point when I'm meditating where I feel like I am spinning. It is always in a clockwise direction. What does this mean?

Both sensations have also occured simultaneously.

Any knowledge in general that you have begun to understand about meditation would be interesting. I've wondered about these sensations for a long time.

Realized
Inquirer
Inquirer

Re: Bioelectricity and Sensations during meditation

Post by Realized » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:12 am

If you are lucky the feeling in the spine is just prana. Just hope that it does not become kundalini. The energy will be much more powerful and often times not at all under conscious control. The spinning sounds like it might be an inner ear balance issue. Does the spinning make you feel nauseous? Does it stop after a while?

HyperShade
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by HyperShade » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 am

No nasueousness. It's not at all displeasing, just interesting. I kind of feel as if I am anchored to a point and I feel a dropping sensation, almost as if I were in an elevator preparing to move. Then I begin to feel as though I'm spinning. It often occurs more quickly when I focus on the third eye, but will occur regardless deep enough into meditation.

Also I should elaborate on the feeling of bioelectricity. It seems to stem from my brain downwards. I can control this effect through breathing and concious effort. However, generally, after a decent amount of time spent meditating, I get this constant building effect on that feeling. It will almost swell and then my body will regulate itself. Either that or the feeling just subsides, to return once again but more intense.

I am not a super experienced practitioner of meditation clearly, but I would like to learn as much as I can about it and improve.

dreamer
Muggle
Muggle

Post by dreamer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:46 am

Check out the following video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWttCv0p6WQ&t=38m35s

A little after 38 minutes and 35 seconds they start talking a little bit about the sensation of movement during meditation.

nobody
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by nobody » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 am

As you describe the dropping and spinning it sounds like your close to being able to leave your body. In case you are interested in this sort of thing I can recommend "A New approach to Out-of-Body Experience" by Robert Bruce.

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am

HyperSense,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Meditation is a very broad subject, and in my opinion, a much misunderstood topic even by those who call themselves 'experts' on it. One of the reasons is that it is so useful for such a broad range of things and most 'experts' only master some aspects of its uses. The best way to advise a person meditating, is to understand their motive for doing so - their goal.

If you could share "why" you meditate, and go deeper on the why until you can't explain any further, it would help understand your experiences better and also for others in how to assist you in your goal. Meditation is simply to broad to effectively support you without such insight.

There are also some observations that are very common when it comes to the specific type of meditation I assume you are doing (there are gazillion different ways to meditate, which would suit different goals better).

These observations include:

1. Activation and stimulation of non-corporeal senses and bodies - one way of putting it is that your 'spiritual senses' and/or your non-physical bodies (we have a few) are becoming more accessible to your physical body and your physically-based awareness. No matter your goal, these develop as a side-effect, and become more accessible, easier to sense, to use. When you switch on a lightbulb, it gives off heat and light. Your eyes may be closed so you don't see the light, but if u put your hand on it, it burns because of the heat. You might be sensing partial stimulus from your 'other senses' and/or 'other bodies' but don't know what to do with it or how to open more gateways/senses to make more sense of what is going on (no pun intended), like feeling the heat but not seeing the light. When meditating, try expanding your awareness / attention to other senses, or even other forms of sensing. Try "smelling colors" or "hearing images", e.g. try "smelling the taste" or "seeing visually" the pulsating energy you experience - if this sounds too strange, well, the point is to open your mind to receive more 'sensory input' by becoming aware of other possible ways of 'sensing' things. Its a way of exploring and understanding things first-hand. Whatever happens - don't judge it, just observe ;)

2. Activation and stimulation of corporeal / physical senses and your body. It is well known that most forms of meditation have a transforming effect on our biology. Your actual biology undergoes changes. Pay attention to your body - do you feel different about tastes in food, or have more energy, perhaps better ability to concentrate when not neglecting routine meditation? Some sensations you experience might repeat until something in your body has changed sufficiently for those non-corporeal changes to progress even further. e.g. renewing the cells in your nervous system to handle the more intense forms of energy that will be going through it as you progress. Only when ready, might the sensations change or get replaced by others, etc. so see the sensations as general "indicators" that stuff is going on, and one of those indications might be necessary changes you have to do yourself. e.g. change your diet.

3. Emotional stuff - this is already touched on above but because of how most of us are limited by our own beliefs and emotions (even if we might feel like we're not), this requires some special mention. Meditation is a powerful tool for developing yourself, but it requires that one investigates one's own emotions, beliefs, or lack of them, or resistance to them, or desires for whatever. Delving deep will reveal more layers (and there's usually tons of layers) of even completely unconscious limitations we place on ourselves, even if based on reasonable-sounding motivations e.g. being cautious is wise - but with the wrong motivation, the intention of self-protective cautiousness is contaminated with resistance to new experiences and weighed down to existing limiting patterns of thought (e.g. linear thinking, step 1, then 2, then 3) - which will cause us intense discomfort when experiences that can't be processed that way, comes in. Emotions can be useful powerful engines for various experiences and non-physical abilities, but because we are so unaware of how our own emotions (hidden or not) affect us, we often get frustrated with trying to break through and progress and understand new experiences in mediation.

The point is that the desirable transforming effects of mediation, can be severely limited by our own emotions, if we don't delve deep and uncover hidden beliefs / concepts and hidden emotions in order to understand, master, and perhaps replace less useful ones with more useful ones. The powerful potential of meditation is opened much more to you.

Arda
Muggle
Muggle

Post by Arda » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 am

I m relatively new to meditation. I tried some "normal" meditation, like just letting everything go and dont pay attention to thoughts.
I got the annoying problem to get earwurms, while meditating its wont get off. I try to ignore it but it doesnt get better.

So I tried holosync, this method with binaurial beats and stuff. During and after the mediation I felt some "electic" energy and could
not explain that too. I was wandering if it harmful in any way to use this kind of technology??? Should I just meditate without help?
If so does have anybody any suggestions regards the earworm problem? Any help appreciated thx!

spinmeditation
Muggle
Muggle

Post by spinmeditation » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:55 am

Body spinning or head spinning or body moving forward & backward (in initial stages) happen in meditation due to concentrating on one certain chakra. Also if you concentrate on the place where you have this spinning, it will take you forward. The spinning happens naturally, without your effort. Actually meditation has to happen naturally without man's effort. Man can only concentrate but meditation is done with the help of one's own soul in connection with the Nature. This is a high end of kriya yoga where the spinning of kundalini (it is actually the kundalini that spins within and that force is so uncontrollable that it would have effect on the body which can be seen by others). The kundalini spinning, happens at various chakras and nerves so spontaneously and due to spinning, the IMPRESSIONS (SANSKARAS) get erased quite faster and thus it is a THE FASTEST route for self realization. It is basically the KUNDALINI THAT DANCES within after awakening.

If this spinning is happening, it is high end Kriya Meditation. In 900 AD etc, there were ancient text written about this called SPANDA KARIKAS from India. We are a group of meditators in India, for whom this kind of meditation naturally started and we formed together to pursue this path. We have been pursuing this path considering NATURE AS THE TEACHER and guidance comes from within. We initially chant 5 elements and Nature mantras to cleanse our chakras for about 41 days and later when we meditate this kriya naturally starts (of course if they are there with us, with some kind of shaktipat this starts quite quickly). We call this Spanda Kriya (as it is a pulsating or vibrating kundalini kriya also name derives from Spanda Karikas).

There are several people in the world, for who this is happening. Some think something abnormal with them. Once this spinning kriya starts, if you forcibly stop it, you start developing headaches, back pains and also some abdominal problems. This kriya starts with people as they earlier did lot of yoga practices in their earlier lives. Also this happens with the help of the NATURE for human welfare. As this KRIYA cleanses souls so fast and evolves the soul, the universe will evolve at required pace (AS PER THE NATURE) . Also this KRIYA starts with people who are positive minded , universal minded (think about the welfare of others and world) and who meditate.

If you want to know more about this kind of Kriya meditation, we can help you as we have been into this for over 15 years and been through 12 years of yoga practice in this self-realization process. We want to help people who get this kind of spinning in meditation as once we did not get any guidance. Contact us and we will be glad to help you. You can check our site www.omnature.org . You can also check the videos on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/prakritikriya

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Alternatively... properly understand your chakras, which are like knots in the stream of white light/bioenergy that your body can receive, and you will achieve much better results:
I use meditation frequently; it is a valuable tool for introspection. But it may not be the same technique you use. I use the ancient Taoist system that LoneBear on Antiquatis teaches, which is not about blanking the mind or becoming "one" with everything--it is about getting in touch with the intelligence of your own body and soul (3D space and 3D time of the life unit). To use that method, you need to understand that yin-yang is just the ancient way of saying time-space, and the two are inseparable as "motion." That's one of the fascinating things about Larson's RS--it matches the ancient models of the psyche (and of magick). Same concepts, just different words. When you make the connection, meditation takes on a whole, different meaning as you don't have to wash yourself away to see the unity in things--you find that unity is always there and it is the starting point, not the destination.

Shen is a Chinese term for the Indian kundalini, or the effects produced by Larson's Sector 3, "ethical control unit." By correlating the concepts, something interesting happens--you find that most Yoga practices taught are backwards (wow, what a surprise there), so they are basically ineffective. The control unit is in the 3-x, ultra-high speed motion range, so that means the energy flows in opposition to gravity. If you want to focus shen (spiritual or intellectual bioenergy), you can now DEDUCE Yoga from the Reciprocal System.

First, the bioenergy stems from all life, so the flow will be downward in a vertical line. Being 1-dimensional, orientation with the Earth's magnetic or rotational poles does not matter--you have to have your spine vertical, and pull the energy down through your crown chakra, and out your butt if you are sitting, or out your feet if standing. In essence, your crown chakra is analogous to a Bussard ramjet for this ultra-high speed bioenergy. (The same process that operates the Warp Drive on Star Trek--the Bussard collectors.)

And you have to consider bioenergy as food for the intelligence of cells--it has to enter, interact, then depart the body, just like any food you eat. The meditation bit corresponds to the "digestion" portion of bioenergy, where you have "eaten it" through the crown chakra, brought it into yourself, and now must consciously distribute it throughout your body (3D space) and soul/mind (3D time). Bioenergy works on both systems, not just one (electric or magnetic energy). You feed your cells new, energetic food and remove the waste through the bottom, just like regular food departing the intestines.

While you are doing this in a meditative state, you are in full communication with ALL the cells of your body, in both the material and cosmic aspects, so you build an internal type of "rapport" with yourself. You'll find the process is quite invigorating. The only drawback is that with the cells all charged up, they will "complain" about problems--physical or emotional health issues--which you can also use meditation to address, by hearing out these complaints and understanding why they are being made.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=311&p=1938&hilit=meditate#p1938
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!