A sad departure

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

Lozion
Adept
Adept
Re: A sad departure

Post by Lozion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Aaron wrote: *I am also happy to report that maeghan sent me a private message and indicates she will stick around!
Great!

Good job Aaron. Be vigilant to new members in the next few hours/days...
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

maeghan
Mage
Mage

Post by maeghan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Aaron wrote:Indeed.

I hated having to resort to this and this the first time any member has been removed from this forum for this reason.

But we certainly cannot have value contributing members ALIEN-ated (pun intened...lol) or on this case abused by people like this.

*I am also happy to report that maeghan sent me a private message and indicates she will stick around!

So I guess what started as a "Sad Departure" looks to be turned back to "Glad Return"...;) I hope so anyway.

I also apologize to other members here who had to put up with this in the past.

Aaron
Nope, I'm here to stay :)

I didn't want to get involved in the back and forth. I'm sensitive and his previos attacks at me really bothered me. I think it's quite possible that he was an sm.

definitely bad vibes

thank you aaron :)

i didn't want to sound like a cry baby or anything but i just noticed that the whole forum seemed to be stuck in the mudd to a degree. Maybe it's just me, but thank you ... but this isn't just for me. I think he attacked many of us on here.
"silence is the consent to slavery" ~ Daniel

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm

You know, I just decided to skip reading his posts and didn't notice he was being such an ass. Its strange as trolling is 180 degrees of everything this site stands for.

Oh well.

Aaron
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Aaron » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:18 pm

maeghan wrote:but i just noticed that the whole forum seemed to be stuck in the mudd to a degree. Maybe it's just me, but thank you ...
It was certainly not just you maeghan, and in addition to other members sharing your exact feelings, the forum was indeed stuck in the mudd. Its precisely why we must be diligent as to the intent of the forum, but also take away the energy of those who seek to stifle, attack, or hinder the expression of others.

Time will tell, I suppose, but if this was indeed a factor for the "stuck in the mud" affect, then perhaps it will right itself again.

So many great and sharp cookies in here. So happy you decided to stay here maeghan, and others as well if they were leaving,etc...

Thanks for the support.

Aaron

Aaron
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Aaron » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Lozion wrote:Be vigilant to new members in the next few hours/days...
Yes indeed your right. I will keep an eye out and see if I have to play "whack-a-mole" in romper room...lol

but if anybody notices anything that I don't catch or see right away because I am offline, please PM me with a reference and this will alert my email to take a look.

Thanks,

Aaron

maeghan
Mage
Mage

Post by maeghan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Aaron wrote:
Lozion wrote:Be vigilant to new members in the next few hours/days...
Yes indeed your right. I will keep an eye out and see if I have to play "whack-a-mole" in romper room...lol

but if anybody notices anything that I don't catch or see right away because I am offline, please PM me with a reference and this will alert my email to take a look.

Thanks,

Aaron
will do, if he registers again you might be able to block his IP. I'll keep a lookout, I come here just about everyday.
"silence is the consent to slavery" ~ Daniel

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:47 pm

me too. :D

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Maeghan, I am so glad you are sticking around!

I'm not sure what made you feel like your posts are ignored and certainly you are most welcome to be here. To me your posts in general seem to fit right in and flow with things here.

I can't explain it with words or with references, but there is something special about you being here sharing with us on these forums. If you were gone, there WILL be something missing here and everyone WILL notice it. I don't know how to say it, but to me, it feels like you're part of the conscious family. The one on these forums, and the one on a planetary scale. You know that feeling of contentment when someone's around, and when they're not, you miss them terribly? Well, to me, its a lot like that.

Perhaps the best analogy is like a star in the sky that have eluded a passionate astronomer, but when that sparkling light didn't elude him anymore, he always made sure it is there whenever studying the enchanting nightsky. If ever it flickered or hid behind other sparkling lights, he would find that elusive one, because there is something different about that light.

You are that sparkling light. The nightsky will not be the same without you in it!

Giarc
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Giarc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:23 am

Thank you Aaron.

It was just so ugly with this "lizard69" character around. In the beginning, I felt sorry for him/her. Signs of a tormented mind I thought. But as it progressed, you could tell that something else was seriously wrong with this person. Bordering on sociopathic or psychotic. I would see the posts and just completely skip over them. A relief that this individual is gone.

Onward!

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:12 am

Well done Aaron, I'd had thoughts that it would come to this, but didn't know, or care to think of what it would take for that to happen. I do think this will help us up out of the mud, when the lizard (and that IS an interesting choice of screenname for this forum in particular) started becoming more vocal, it was clear that people were trying to act consciously, stay away and avoid giving the reaction he was looking for, as is the nature of a group who have evolved out of the competitive conditioning we've all undergone. Maeghan, I'd like to iterate as well that I'm glad you're sticking around. Your contribution is priceless to our evolution, and as was said, it wouldn't be the same here without you!
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me