DUMBs, Alternative 3 & West vs East dialectic

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

Ilkka
Adept
Adept
Re: DUMBs, Alternative 3 & West vs East dialectic

Post by Ilkka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 pm

IrieLion wrote:The only thing I don't quite grasp is the stuff about galaxies = solar systems and the stuff about how light traverses the interstellar space part. That doesn't really make sense to me, but of course I'm just a physic layman.
Understanding about this "new" info does take time, to fully comprehend it, so I suggest that from time to time get back to read the same thing that which is not fully grasped. It will come to you eventually, after you forget or "unlearn" the "wrong" physics etc.

Lonebear or Daniel did have a photo of "sombrero galaxy" which would be equivalent/similar to our solarsystem when percieved from distance, also I think that when some is viewed from that distance one would see more dust as "gas" highlighted by the sun which would make sense, given the intensity of the sun light. Its quite easy for me to think about it since I dont have very scientific background, only from average chemistry, which I have began to forget since its over 10 years ago that I finish that school to be a Laboratory assistant/laboratorian the last one might seem more accurate term IMO. Also haven't got a job in any lab so my knowledge gained is rusty or should I say oxidized :D at best. Plus I have been in these parts learning for over a year now I think.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:25 am

I didn't see much in the way of feedback on the last couple of papers, so I just assumed people had lost interest. But, I guess I'll have to get back to writing some more papers then.

Gopi just got his PhD in physics in December (way to go, Gopi!) and has been visiting LoneBear for the Holidays before returning to India... needless to say that their collaboration is producing reams of new, interesting stuff to write about.

The galaxy = solar system problem remains an interesting one, as that "scale error" is showing up in many other places. For the most part, galaxies are NEW solar systems, where the dust and debris has not yet been sucked in by the core star and larger bodies. LB took the free Celestia astronomy software and made a new database for it, rescaling the stellar and solar system distances based on the "index of refraction" correction... from the Earth, the sky looks EXACTLY the same as it does with the original data--until you zoom out, and then OUR solar system looks just like a galaxy. The "Milky Way" is the outer debris ring and the star field forms a cloud of "globular clusters" around the sun--just as observed in "galaxies." It's actually a bit spooky to look at, as it violates so much of our social programming in one shot.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:09 am

daniel wrote:I didn't see much in the way of feedback on the last couple of papers, so I just assumed people had lost interest. But, I guess I'll have to get back to writing some more papers then.

Gopi just got his PhD in physics in December (way to go, Gopi!)
Yea, it would be nice to read more about this stuff. I haven't (at least not me) lost interest, just being patient, but its good that you haven't lost interest on us and our "needs" for more information. I know that feedback is important if one needs it that is, in the research area it is important though.

My 'congrats' to Gopi as well the finnish way. "Onneksi olkoon, Gopi" which means basically "Congratulations/Good luck, Gopi" :D

Although the etymology of the word "onneksi" which is inflected form of "onni" that means luck and "olkoon" that roughly means "to be", is more of "wishing luck" and not to congratulate, but this is the way some one has translated it. I found this "Expressing praise and approval, expressing approbation." about the meaning of the word "congratulations" from this dictionary that I use quite frequently for synonyms and meanings also for "less used" words that are not common to me.

"Onnea" is 'Congratulations' in UK, and 'Good Luck' in US. Now that is interesting. as I mentioned above, that these two have totally different meaning. For we have different translations for approval (hyväksyminen) and praise (kehua) of course, but for expressing these two we haven't got a suitable word for it exept that one phrase, at least not yet.

drabochs
Muggle
Muggle

Post by drabochs » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 am

Thank you Daniel and happy new year. Your posts and papers are incredible food for thoughts. I would love to read some more stuff. Looking forward to read your new paper. thank you

Recursive
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Recursive » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:34 am

daniel wrote:The galaxy = solar system problem remains an interesting one, as that "scale error" is showing up in many other places. For the most part, galaxies are NEW solar systems, where the dust and debris has not yet been sucked in by the core star and larger bodies. LB took the free Celestia astronomy software and made a new database for it, rescaling the stellar and solar system distances based on the "index of refraction" correction... from the Earth, the sky looks EXACTLY the same as it does with the original data--until you zoom out, and then OUR solar system looks just like a galaxy. The "Milky Way" is the outer debris ring and the star field forms a cloud of "globular clusters" around the sun--just as observed in "galaxies." It's actually a bit spooky to look at, as it violates so much of our social programming in one shot.
This is the latest HD picture of the the Andromeda Galaxy. That looks looks like a central sun with a lot of debris to me.

Link to high res image
Link to full article.

Gopi
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Gopi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Thank you guys, thanks Ilkka.

Am back in India now... will update soon.

Cheers,
Gopi

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Gopi wrote:Thank you guys, thanks Ilkka.

Am back in India now... will update soon.

Cheers,
Gopi
I'm glad you got home safe and well done with the PhD! I can't wait to hear some more about your discussions with LB and if there is any way for us to get an RS2 version of Celestia without the database, or even screenshots, that would be great!
daniel wrote:I didn't see much in the way of feedback on the last couple of papers, so I just assumed people had lost interest. But, I guess I'll have to get back to writing some more papers then.
I've been telling quite a few people who have been getting in touch with about global geoengineering after hearing how they are questioning everything and so far it's going well. A guy who I recently introduced them to had this to say...
"Thanks for Daniels papers Chris...Seriously."
"The Daniel papers are blowing my mind....in a cool way.
Cheers Chris.....Take care mate"
It's refreshing to see so many people here waiting in anticipation for the next paper, time for a bit more of this Daniel....

;)
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

"Ozark Castle"

Post by deepfsh » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:04 am

Ozark episode (2012)
Ventura looks into rumors that the elite are building fortified retreats and underground bunkers in remote areas of the country in preparation for a doomsday event. He travels to Ozark, Missouri to investigate the construction of an alleged 75,000 sq. ft., "single-family," fortified mansion owned by a satellite surveillance mogul and government defense contractor. Later, Ventura and his team are guided by a local informant to a massive underground warehouse facility, complete with railroad access, that is located in nearby Springfield, Missouri. Source
- This is the 72,000 sq. ft. eco-mansion going up in the Ozark Mountains — but why?
- Shadow government bunkers: security heightened at underground storage facilities
- Ozark = Ark of Oz
- Overwatch Systems
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

daniel
Professor
Professor

Re: "Ozark Castle"

Post by daniel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 pm

deepfsh wrote:- Ozark = Ark of Oz
Did you realize that the Land of Oz is the Aztec "Land of Az," or Aztlan ("tec" = people, Aztec = People of Az), referred to by the Greek as Atlas's land or simply Atlantis?
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:20 pm

daniel wrote:Did you realize that the Land of Oz is the Aztec "Land of Az," or Aztlan ("tec" = people, Aztec = People of Az), referred to by the Greek as Atlas's land or simply Atlantis?
... with "oz" being the measuring unit for gold. Plus, Oswald/Osama B. L., or Blackstone/Blackrock/Blackwater (= Rockefeller's oil, the "black gold"). I guess symbols and words truly rule the world.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket