Ascension

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept
Re: Ascension

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:40 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
DJchristmac wrote:
LOL thanks but you shouldn't have! I am but "Christ's bearer" in name only, I have no affiliation with JC. :lol:

Djchrismac
8% Neanderthal
92% Homo Sapiens Sapiens (moving towards Ethicus with probably some simian and saurian in there too!)
0% Blue Blood

:D
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

MrTwig
Mage
Mage

Post by MrTwig » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Wait... There are women are here!!! :oops: :lol: 8-) :D :? :ugeek: :shock: :o ;)
All that glitter is not GOLD!

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:12 pm

When I was in the Richard Russell forum (which closed down 6 or 7 years ago) there was only a handful of women amongst maybe, 100 men. The forum names were taken from the names on our credit cards so the gender was usually pretty obvious (except for me because I do not have a Western name). No men told the women to go and chat amongst themselves. Everyone was there to discuss money and investments. Gender was a non issue.

BTW, a friend of mine from that forum had this advice for any single ladies who wanted to meet guys: Go to a uranium conference. She was one of the 2 women there and the other manages a uranium mine :)

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
joeyv23 wrote:
DJchristmac wrote:
LOL thanks but you shouldn't have! I am but "Christ's bearer" in name only, I have no affiliation with JC. :lol:

Djchrismac
8% Neanderthal
92% Homo Sapiens Sapiens (moving towards Ethicus with probably some simian and saurian in there too!)
0% Blue Blood

:D
LOL whoops I see what happened there :D
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Gopi
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Gopi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Foxfire wrote: When people talk about how "everybody" has to feel the changes going on or they're brain dead, but to me it's just another day at the office, it makes me feel inadequate. Maybe left behind the wrong door or just brain dead like they imply.
Some of the folks here seem so far ahead that I wonder if we'd even relate if we met face to face. So... I lurk.
That is probably because it appears like the stuff that we share is something we are very sure of. That is one of the problems with the printed/typed word, and also sometimes the English language, that in stating something it tends to give the impression that things are very clear and precise, well known, fully thought out, established, etc. And that can be darn intimidating, like looking at an iron wall. On the other hand, we ARE living in the era of social media, where the most trivial of occurrences appears to merit a post and a discussion and counter discussion... in our heart of hearts, those of us who are looking for something real very often have a desire to resist trivializing something by saying it out or typing it out. That's understandable... and those are the two extremes you will learn to traverse.

And as for being so far ahead that one cannot relate... if that really happens, then that is a signature of a highly refined arrogance, as no genuine seeker would ever put down another person. If that is done, why, one hasn't really learned anything at all, no matter what it might appear to be.

In any case... forget external criteria of being knowledgeable or cool or having many experiences or any of that. None of that matters... but if you do develop honesty of soul, and improve upon it, you can get to the bottom of many discussions without fear. Please do not hesitate to ask... and if anyone attempts intimidation or holier-than-thou attitudes, do not hesitate to call them out on it! If the exchanges do not foster independence and questions... then it is hogwash. There is nothing to feel intimidated about.

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:29 am

Wow, Gopi has an amazing way of saying what needs to be said. What else is there to add after that? ;)

Foxfire
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Foxfire » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 am

Foxfire wrote:
When people talk about how "everybody" has to feel the changes going on or they're brain dead, but to me it's just another day at the office, it makes me feel inadequate. Maybe left behind the wrong door or just brain dead like they imply.
Some of the folks here seem so far ahead that I wonder if we'd even relate if we met face to face. So... I lurk.

GOPI wrote: "That is probably because it appears like the stuff that we share is something we are very sure of. That is one of the problems with the printed/typed word, and also sometimes the English language, that in stating something it tends to give the impression that things are very clear and precise, well known, fully thought out, established, etc. And that can be darn intimidating, like looking at an iron wall. On the other hand, we ARE living in the era of social media, where the most trivial of occurrences appears to merit a post and a discussion and counter discussion... in our heart of hearts, those of us who are looking for something real very often have a desire to resist trivializing something by saying it out or typing it out. That's understandable... and those are the two extremes you will learn to traverse.

And as for being so far ahead that one cannot relate... if that really happens, then that is a signature of a highly refined arrogance, as no genuine seeker would ever put down another person. If that is done, why, one hasn't really learned anything at all, no matter what it might appear to be.

In any case... forget external criteria of being knowledgeable or cool or having many experiences or any of that. None of that matters... but if you do develop honesty of soul, and improve upon it, you can get to the bottom of many discussions without fear. Please do not hesitate to ask... and if anyone attempts intimidation or holier-than-thou attitudes, do not hesitate to call them out on it! If the exchanges do not foster independence and questions... then it is hogwash. There is nothing to feel intimidated about."

Great post, Gopi. I should clarify that I was not referring to anyone on this board for making those statements I referenced. I was speaking in general terms. I guess it's not a bad thing that some people get so enthusiastic about their insights they assume everybody else has to experience them.
Most of the folks here seem pretty respectful, and I've been lurking for a long time.
However, the stereotyping has been an interesting observation, though there's a modicum of truth in stereotypes. But ask anybody if they are a typical anything and they probably will say no.
As for a separate board for chicks, I'm glad that idea got laughed out of town. Really???

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:50 am

Foxfire wrote:As for a separate board for chicks, I'm glad that idea got laughed out of town. Really???
For me as a male representative, I dont care if there would be "No boys allowed" section, maybe I'd lurk it :D

Maybe still some of us men are so into this superiority even in this forum that they havent learned about the female side of themselves enough. I think I have learned enough of female side to say that, however cant even think the way females think wholly. So this kind of information would be somewhat beneficial to the other males who wish to learn about their female side more. By all means type all you want till your finger tips bleed, there is always someone who is interested about what you say, even if there would be no female section. This is the essence of rapport, mutual understanding between male and female, yin&yang. "Why cant we be friends..." the song goes on.

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 am

Look, we are souls who just happen to be wearing these meat suits that require us to choose a gender.
Gender is irrelevant to the discussions here.
If the powers to be here wish to create a female-only subforum, well good luck to them and all those who wish to post there.
I suspect it'll be as dry as the Gobi desert
I don't give a flyi ng f**** as to anyone's gender in a forum.
All I'm interested in is information ( so call me No 6) and I don't give a toss if you are a black lesbian with a wooden leg, if you have interesting information, then you are of interest to me.

['xcuse the language - that's the booze talking :)]

maeghan
Mage
Mage

Post by maeghan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:14 am

bruce wrote:
maeghan wrote:here's something else that's caused me to go through life a bit backwards. Most people probably reach Tier3 knowing how they got there. This was me when I was a kid ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 years old. Now, I'm saying Tier3 because after understanding what graduation to Tier2 is like ... I could very well be wrong, but I usually am not. I know things without knowing of them.
There are 6 levels to Tier 2, as well. The Spiral Dynamics studies have only identified people to the 3rd vMeme of Tier 2 (coral). It is currently unknown if there IS a Tier 3, or what properties it would have.
I just woke up, haven't been feeling well in a womanly kind of way. I still need to read some stuff. What I was trying to get at is that for my whole life I've known things without knowing why, without having a reference point. I've always had this wisdom, but I always felt as if I've been blindfolded. Knowing now that it's only known that people here have reached the 3rd vMeme of Tier 2 I would suspect that I'm at least a 2nd Tier ... I'm feeling a bit better now so I'm gonna go start doing some reading.

I believe that I choose my parents for a reason, a couple of reasons. The experience of having them as my parents has taught me that we are not the biology we are made up of, in other words ... they are you're biological parents, but you are more than biology. It's taught me to let things go too.

This is reminding me of some strange reoccurring dreams that i had when I was 5/6 that I couldn't understand or maybe remember. Gosh I wish I could remember. Another dream that I had when I was that age was very odd and I remember it; I was in a room with a few other kids but they didn't talk to me. The room was like a funny room, the floor, walls and ceiling were all black and white checker board and they moved. That is all I remember.

Now I'm gonna go and read what everyone else has written here since your post Bruce.
"silence is the consent to slavery" ~ Daniel