Ascension

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept
Re: Ascension

Post by soldierhugsmember » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:40 pm

I don't see the point of a gender specific forum.
If people wish to have girly talk, there's plenty of forums for that.

Lotus
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Lotus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 am

maeghan wrote: I have to say, I read your response to my post and was rather taken back. You, Daniel, and LoneBear have earned my respect.
I must echo this sentiment. This entire thread has allowed me to see another facet of you and I am impressed.

soldierhugsmember wrote:I don't see the point of a gender specific forum.
I do not believe it would be a forum of "girly talk" but a different environment with a different mood for discussing these topics. Some people are more at ease talking in the garage while others are more comfortable around the coffee table. Perhaps it should be based on mental gender rather than biological gender?

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 am

Rather than mental or biological gender, perhaps we are thinking of left vs right brain.

The left is logical, scientific, analytical, practical, realistic, in control.
The right is creative, passionate, imaginative and free thinking.

The world has been run by left brainers for a long time.

Masculine vs feminine.

People like Robert Morningsky and Lucia Renee have talked and written extensively on the suppressed feminine.
They claim that the divine feminine is coming out of the shadows to reclaim its place beside and not behind the masculine.

Instead of segregating, we should seek balance by combining the 2 polarities.

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 am

Personally I would love it if its not even considered who's what gender. Not sure about others but I certainly don't like labels put on me.

If there is something that makes the fairer half of the human race more comfortable towards participating in these forums, we would love to hear about it though.

-OM-
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by -OM- » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

soldierhugsmember wrote:I don't see the point of a gender specific forum.
Wow, really?
"Girly" talk?! ok.

Most spiritual evolved women i know, don't prefer being called a "girl" when they are a woman.
Adding a "y" to it smacks of even more condescension. (besides the obvious implication of the forum being filled with posts of makeup tips, recipes, and whatever other 1950s thinking you have in your mind that a women's only forum about spiritual development and RS2 scientific research would involve.)

The lack of rebuttal of this post by other senior members is disconcerting too.
If women are lurking out of "fear", then this post shows exactly why.

Yes, Lonebear, Im convinced now that a woman's only forum would be fruitful.

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Hey, I never said I'm a guy.
If a woman is lurking and fearful of participating the discussions here, I would have thought that is more of a personality issue rather than because she's female.
Once you start splitting the forum off to have a female section, the chances are that you'd find even less people there to have a fruitful discussion.
Timid people are timid people.
They are not all female.

Women are stepping up to the plate and I for one, would be insulted to be offered a designated female section.
So move aside and make room for us.

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Balance and integration. Both genders have much to learn from the other. This is one of those core dichotomies of masculine v feminine and if we fall into separation here of all places.... well I'd rather not think about it :/ I know personally I'd love to see a dream research thread where the naturally right brained women contribute a different perspective of the cosmic sector. Perhaps it's less holodeck-y and more.. something else? I wonder how different the symbol sets would be across gender lines, and even though symbols are individually meaningful, if there's commonality, perhaps it could help many of us break our symbols down.... get the seesaw to stop, so to speak. We need your perspective ladies, take this from the left side of the aisle... stand up and be heard! :)
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Lotus
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Lotus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

joeyv23 wrote:Balance and integration. Both genders have much to learn from the other. This is one of those core dichotomies of masculine v feminine and if we fall into separation here of all places.... well I'd rather not think about it :/ I know personally I'd love to see a dream research thread where the naturally right brained women contribute a different perspective of the cosmic sector. Perhaps it's less holodeck-y and more.. something else? I wonder how different the symbol sets would be across gender lines, and even though symbols are individually meaningful, if there's commonality, perhaps it could help many of us break our symbols down.... get the seesaw to stop, so to speak. We need your perspective ladies, take this from the left side of the aisle... stand up and be heard! :)
Balance and integration is the goal, but if the environment is already dominated by one, how would the other be able to express itself clearly? If the issue is to draw those who are currently lurking into the conversation, they need to be able to meaningfully participate. They need to feel that if they have questions and ask, they will get a response that is respectful of where they currently stand rather than ignored, told to go read something before commenting, or just told to go figure it out for themselves. It isn't that those responses are incorrect, but if they are perceived as rebuff instead of a helping hand, it only encourages lurkers to lurk. If they add their perspective, whether right or wrong, they need to see that they as a person are being respected. If they are not, why should they comment at all? If another forum would be useful to those who currently lurk until they are ready to participate as an equal here, I don't see the problem. If they can be accommodated here by allowing them to see they are welcome without another forum that is fine too.

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

infinity wrote:Personally I would love it if its not even considered who's what gender. Not sure about others but I certainly don't like labels put on me.
I feel the same, i'd rather we didn't split and i'm not even sure there is much use for the French section of the forum as it has barely been used. We're all just equal slave brothers and sisters in the same prison after all! :)

I see each poster here as a person seeking Homo Sapiens Ethicus status and trying to make sense of everything just like me. I like to think me being male wouldn't put anyone off asking a question or that i'd reply differently to a male or female. We're best working together from the one place, in rapport. :)

The only difference I see is between all of us here and the outside world still plugged into the Matrix. Welcome to Zion!! :D
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Lotus wrote:Balance and integration is the goal, but if the environment is already dominated by one, how would the other be able to express itself clearly? If the issue is to draw those who are currently lurking into the conversation, they need to be able to meaningfully participate. They need to feel that if they have questions and ask, they will get a response that is respectful of where they currently stand rather than ignored, told to go read something before commenting, or just told to go figure it out for themselves. It isn't that those responses are incorrect, but if they are perceived as rebuff instead of a helping hand, it only encourages lurkers to lurk. If they add their perspective, whether right or wrong, they need to see that they as a person are being respected. If they are not, why should they comment at all? If another forum would be useful to those who currently lurk until they are ready to participate as an equal here, I don't see the problem. If they can be accommodated here by allowing them to see they are welcome without another forum that is fine too.
I didn't realize the forum was gender dominated. I don't try to distinguish between male or female since all we really see of each other is a screen name and an avatar. I think it goes across the board, that all of us should feel that if we have a question we can receive respectful responses. Open communication is what it's all about. I can only speak for myself, but if ever some one has responded to anything I've said anywhere on the internet in a condescending way, I ignore it and continue on unabated. We're all different and we won't always see things the same way. If in the course of our history, folks remained silent because there was a communication breakdown, or an imbalance due to one thing or another, in this case gender, then I can't imagine that we'd have made any progress of any kind in respect to civil/human rights. Is there still division among feminine/masculine lines? Sure it still exists, but I hope that here of all places we can move past this division. I see us all as equals. We all have unique insights and opinions to bring to the table and feeling comfortable enough to talk about them, not worrying if what is said is mistaken and if there will be responses that are anything less than respectful is paramount to us carrying out in action what we are teaching ourselves to do... be conscious of our thoughts and actions, of what we say and how we say it, and working in rapport towards the common goal of evolving our understanding of the situation/circumstances we find ourselves currently involved in. I also hope that this conversation can continue to be had, in a respectful manner of course, this way we can learn the lesson that's being brought to our awareness.
DJchristmac wrote: I see each poster here as a person seeking Homo Sapiens Ethicus status and trying to make sense of everything just like me. I like to think me being male wouldn't put anyone off asking a question or that i'd reply differently to a male or female. We're best working together from the one place, in rapport. :)

The only difference I see is between all of us here and the outside world still plugged into the Matrix. Welcome to Zion!! :D
Agreed!! :)
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me