Ascension

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept
Re: Ascension

Post by soldierhugsmember » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm

How to keep the woman in your life happy

Use these 2 words everyday, as often as needed: Yes, dear.

T11
Seeker
Seeker

Post by T11 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Joey: I've been in a VERY similar situation to you, my friend. Has she ever told you why she feels this way? Why she wants to destroy herself? If you really want to help her, you need her answer to that question. You need to assess her level of self-awareness because she may not even consciously realize where these feelings come from. It's also important to gauge how honest she's being with you when she answers this question. She may give you a bunch of reasons and leave out some very important ones either because she doesn't associate them with these feelings or is not comfortable sharing them with you. You might have to do a little pushing, but be careful. It's a very delicate situation. In my experience, though, people who are in her situation desperately want to talk about it but have ambivalent feelings about dealing with other people. Lots of issues with trust and alienation. You could be the one to really help her, but realize the magnitude of what you're taking on. If you become the only one she can really talk to about this stuff, she could become emotionally dependent on you and if you're a truly empathic feeling person who really wants to help people, you could end up finding yourself caught in a very difficult and painful emotional trap yourself, depending on how things go.

T11
Seeker
Seeker

Post by T11 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

soldierhugsmember wrote:joey, respect her free will choice. Let her be. We are here to experience 3D life - good, bad and downright ugly. Disengage.
True, but part of the experience is also about dealing with other people, getting involved with them and working things out. It's a hard call to make but a life of disengagement from emotionally difficult situations can lead to stagnation of consciousness as well.

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:52 am

T11 wrote:Joey: I've been in a VERY similar situation to you, my friend. Has she ever told you why she feels this way? Why she wants to destroy herself? If you really want to help her, you need her answer to that question. You need to assess her level of self-awareness because she may not even consciously realize where these feelings come from. It's also important to gauge how honest she's being with you when she answers this question. She may give you a bunch of reasons and leave out some very important ones either because she doesn't associate them with these feelings or is not comfortable sharing them with you. You might have to do a little pushing, but be careful. It's a very delicate situation. In my experience, though, people who are in her situation desperately want to talk about it but have ambivalent feelings about dealing with other people. Lots of issues with trust and alienation. You could be the one to really help her, but realize the magnitude of what you're taking on. If you become the only one she can really talk to about this stuff, she could become emotionally dependent on you and if you're a truly empathic feeling person who really wants to help people, you could end up finding yourself caught in a very difficult and painful emotional trap yourself, depending on how things go.
I should give some background in order to answer these fully. She's a 16 year old high school junior that I met at my work. I'm a front desk rep at a hotel, and she and her kid sister stay here from time to time when their father comes into town. They come and sit in my lobby and talk to me for hours when they're here, not wanting to go to sleep. For whatever reason, I assume my status as being awake/aware, she decided that I was extremely unique and could challenge her mentally, so it was decided that we should be friends. When she's around, we run thought experiments and try to stump each other. When we first met, I was balls deep in light work, and while I did bring things to her awareness that could be beneficial to her evolution (how everything she's being taught is backwards, and how we're evolving consciously) most of our conversations were about the dichotomy of light v dark. It's here where our polarity became obvious. Somewhere along the line, she decided that I am someone she can trust, and she told me some things about her past, very dark things...

She speaks openly to me, knowing that she don't have to worry about incoming judgment. As far as I've been told, and I do believe she's been honest with me, (being empathic helps with that.. if she's lying then she's by far the best liar I've ever met) there's a past history of sexual abuse going back to before she was in double digits that was never addressed. I've tried getting her to speak to someone about it, but she's got it in her head that she deserved it because she "let it happen" and doesn't want to pursue the issue any further. Once she started dating (early... like 13) she's drawn abusive relationship after abusive relationship to herself. I also found out that she had a little boy when she was 14 that is being taken care of by a family member. She's extremely self aware and knows where her issues stem from. She is highly intelligent and awake to the fact that something is very wrong with the way we live here. I don't think she's done much research yet though to start building her worldview, she just knows there's something that's not right. I've tried telling her that much of the stress could very well be a product of being a teenager and due to getting ready to try to find her place in the world, not having much longer before graduation. She always dismisses this idea, and chooses instead to try to knock the conversation off course, placing blame for her misery on past events. Another one of her main issues is the fact that her parents are split up. She lives in the next town over from my work with her mom and sister, and she and her mom don't get along because the mom is devoutly religious, conservative, employs the intimidation and interrogator control dramas, and to top it off, is racist. The dad, who lives in Florida, only comes around once in a while, tries to buy the girls' affection when he's around, and is agnostic, leaning more towards athiest, liberal, and aloof.

I care about this girl as if she were my little sister. I have had to let her know that I can't take all of her issues and give her all the answers, and she knows if I'm not able to talk about it then, to give me time, and I'd be able to talk about things with her later. This isn't a matter of whether I'm going to honor her free will or not. Obviously I can't do anything to stop her if she does decide to do something to herself, nor would I. This situation is difficult because I don't see things the same way as the majority of people in that suicide is "bad". There is no good or bad. There is only choice, which results in action or inaction and it is this that is perceived as good or bad. Psychiatrists aren't going to help her. Drugs are only going to make it worse. It's my hope that introducing her to daniel's work will give her something to put her mind to, perhaps to find something she can be passionate about and give her reason to not end her life out of grief/misery.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:55 am

T11 wrote:
soldierhugsmember wrote:joey, respect her free will choice. Let her be. We are here to experience 3D life - good, bad and downright ugly. Disengage.
True, but part of the experience is also about dealing with other people, getting involved with them and working things out. It's a hard call to make but a life of disengagement from emotionally difficult situations can lead to stagnation of consciousness as well.
I've accepted that we came into each others experience for a reason. There's something to be learned on both sides. If it weren't for her, I could very well still be playing into the matrix of duality. I'm fairly certain my version of therapy is having some kind of effect... after all she's still here, but disengaging is not an option

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:22 am

Then explain to her that she chose to experience all that bad stuff. Nothing like that happens by chance. Watch some of the videos of Robert Schwartz explaining this concept, like this one, for instance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEOugRfLVus

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:18 am

soldierhugsmember wrote:Then explain to her that she chose to experience all that bad stuff. Nothing like that happens by chance. Watch some of the videos of Robert Schwartz explaining this concept, like this one, for instance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEOugRfLVus
Thanks for that! I've talked to her a bit about us choosing the situations we face and how we choose it pre-birth, but it's difficult, I try to be delicate when that stuff comes up. Outwardly she acts like it's not a big deal, and she knows I'm still trying to figure out how to process it and give her advice. I'm gonna pass this link along. I think it'll help if she see's there are others that concur with the idea.

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 pm

T11
Seeker
Seeker

Post by T11 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:31 pm

You say she's extremely self-aware and knows where her issues stem from. Her family sounds like a mess and her idea that she deserved her abuse indicates deep fractures in her primary parent-child bond. If she understands this and still feels helpless to work through it, you might want to get her to dig even deeper and look at the hidden layers of reality and how they've affected her situation. Sounds like you're already doing this by introducing her to Daniel's work, but that might be a bit too advanced for her at this stage. Does she believe there's a hidden or greater reality underneath the surface? Does she think there's meaning to existence or does she think life is just random and meaningless? Because of her dysfunctional mother's harmful form of religiosity, she might be turned off to anything considered spiritual. If this is the case, you've got a lot of work ahead of you. If you sense she has a bit of a defiant streak, you could take advantage of that. Does she see the ways we're being controlled in this society? You could explain to her how organized religion has been constructed and used to control people and that her mother is caught in this trap, but that there are other ways to be spiritual that actually make sense. That part of the reason spirituality has been twisted in this controlled society is to make it seem like a joke to sensible people who aren't willing to buy into it's promoted forms and thereby turn them away from something that is very real and ultimately threatening to their control schemes. If she has any feelings that there is some hidden meaning to life that needs to be discovered, you have a real chance of getting her headed in the right direction. If she's open to it, talk to her about incarnation and how we're actually spirits living human lives and that there is meaning to the life we were born into.

I myself am getting further away from the idea that we chose to experience the bad stuff. This may have been how this process of consciousness evolution was intended to work but we have all sorts of corruption going on that has thrown it way off course. If she wonders why she was born into such a crappy situation in her family and is open to the idea of incarnation, you could tell her about Cameron Day's article on the "Birth Bump": http://www.ascensionhelp.com/blog/2013/ ... ng-family/ I personally think this is what's really going on with lots of us. If she gets the idea that her past traumas were intentionally set up to throw her off the path of positive development and get her stuck in a perpetually miserable state where she wants to die, her inner defiance might kick in and get her to stop playing into these feelings and get her energized about fighting against them.

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 pm

I just received this newsletter from Jon Waldrup (He did my horoscope last year so I'm on his mailing list)

Full Moon December 17th, 2013.

This Moon work has so much purpose, for in it we become attuned to the cycle of life. And if we are to achieve a way of living on this planet that feels whole, we will do it with a reverence for all of life. And all of life is cyclical, and in so many ways attuned to the Moon.

I’m not one of those who is looking backwards towards some original, “unfallen” state of being. Perhaps there was a time when we had a full sense of what it is to be here – indeed, I think that many of us walking the Earth today carry a bone-deep memory-sense of something like that. It is what aches when we see violence done here. But we must bring that memory forward, into this time, ourselves. Even more, we have a responsibility to envision the world we want – to know it we have to see it. A simple phrase: to know it we have to see it. So what do you see?

So I say to you that we have the power to heal all that has been done here, simply by seeing what is beautiful and then giving to what we see as beautiful the full strength of our hearts. By singing to it, essentially.

And what is singing? Our voices are part of how we emanate. So singing is a way to beautify and strengthen our emanations. But I don’t want to limit that to the audible. You can sing heartsongs that are not for the human ear. Let’s just put it that way. Though if you are humble enough to try to add your voice to that, I think it’s good. Anyone who has sung to a hurt or scared animal knows what I am trying to describe. Which is prayer.

And what I see is a world in which we walk singing our heartsongs to all the beauty we encounter. Doing that for our children, for all that we hold dear.

So, for instance, maybe you are out driving to work and the Sun is rising. Because that is such a beautiful thing, your heart swells. Do something with that feeling, don’t just keep it to yourself. Send that energy back to the Sun, send it to your children, to the trees you are driving by, to the Raven or the Mouse… it’s your choice where it goes. But that kind of work is the soul-gift you carried in here to share.

And to make it interesting, you came with Karma, the desire for experience.

Another benefit of Moon work is that it is very effective for helping you identify your own Karma, the unique series of experiences that you – for whatever reason – desire to keep having. It is just so important to realize that “why” you chose to have those experiences is not what matters. It is that you have them consciously – this is what the concept of individuation is all about. When you track your experience of life with the Moon’s phases, you get to see, to witness really, the “unique series of experiences you… desire to keep having.”

If you’ve ever gone into a familiar experiential environment – I’ll use a new relationship as an example – with a desire to “do it differently this time,” then you have identified a piece of your karma. Like that: you came in with a desire to learn to love in a good way, and yet you have some patterns around that. Maybe you have identified patterns in how you feel about work, or parenting, or encountering strangers, watching the news… yours are yours and you asked for them. So that you could learn through the experience of them.

It really doesn’t matter why you have those patterns. Could have been family-of-origin stuff, could have been a past life… there are all kinds of stories you could tell about the “why,” but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you have reached the point of recognizing the pattern itself.

And in a lovely, cyclical looping kind of way, I come back to the Moon.

You see, the Moon teaches just that – “look!” she says, “you have felt this before!” She’s the most uniquely personal point in anyone’s chart, and at the same time has the best way of teaching you about the collective experience of life. When you know what’s yours, then you can identify with what’s everyone’s. And that’s how we learn to sing. To sing into the collective frequency – the most powerful force at humanity’s disposal.

Some are calling it “Global Coherence.” With that name it is good, it is already working. Personally, I am not fond of sitting still (i.e. in Samadhi) as a means of amplifying my emanation. But whatever works for you.

Just please, recognize this distinction: when you look within, find something beautiful and real. Meaning, see within yourself your love of something, and then send that out. There is a reflection within you of the world you cherish.

There’s this strange propensity that we have to think we want to be somehow “free” from karma, from desire itself. So we generate massive amounts of experience! Have you wanted a state of being that is free from desire?

Love yourself for such carrying such a self-canceling idea (I want to not want)…. Cherish yourself for having that desire and for your glorious, imperfect attempts to achieve it. Then suddenly you become united with billions of people, including the greatest who have ever lived, and this swelling feeling comes to your heart.

Aching for all that aching! Laughing, hopefully, for all the experimentation, such strange ways of being that we’ve tried in our desire to not know desire.

I say, verily (note biblical language) that we would not be in these bodies if we did not want to experience desire. Karma is the desire for experience. YES! I want to experience life! I want Romeo and Juliet, I want Antigone… I desire to desire. Say it, and you become human, and I thank you.

For then you can love that desire, and then you can sense it allllll around. What is a flower, but desire? Well, yes, actually, it is desire expressed, desire given form. Singing, and prayer, are like flowers in that sense.

So here’s what I want to say to you: track back, 6 weeks or so, to the Scorpio New Moon (November 3rd). Big one, that! And then follow yourself through that Moon cycle to the Sagittarius New Moon (December 2nd). Notice the parabola of your emotional experience. Most likely, you can identify something that repelled you in a new way – a person maybe, or a personal pattern…, and the desire to experience freedom from that thing peaked around the Full Moon on November 17th? And since the December New Moon that started this cycle we are in came around, I think maybe you are more placid about that person, thing, pattern…. You have gained a new level of wisdom about that __________, whatever it was, that got you all riled up last month.

And you would not know so much more now if the experience then hadn’t been so strong.

Under the fallen leaves, there is a layer called the humus, where all the (apparent) decomposition takes place.

On the morning of December 17th, 2013, at 4:28 AM Eastern, the Moon will be in the 26th degree of Gemini opposite the Sun in the 26th degree of Sagittarius. I think to wrap this up I will share the Chandra symbol for the 26th degree of Sag, because somehow in it maybe I can encompass this all.

The symbol is, “Climbing the steps of the Pyramid of the Sun.”

It may seem like a desirable thing to do. But who does it? Those steps, up out of the throng, who takes them?
It may be that, because there is a glamor in the sound of that, on the first ascent we may be puffed up a bit with pride. Wearing our most pious face. And when we do the climb that way, what do we find?

So I say to you, what does it mean to realize that, for whatever reason, you are the one to take those steps? At some point, it doesn’t matter that you were chosen. At some point, you realize that you are going to take those steps. And then you can decide what energy you want to emanate as you take them. How many times do you need to go through the motions of taking the steps before you can realize that, since it’s what you are going to do anyway, you might as well enjoy yourself doing it?

And then you become effective at what you are really trying to do. Because when you take those steps, you are going to pray. To pray in a good way, for the people, for the water, for the food.

You just have to get over being the one, and become the one.

And for taking those steps, I thank you.

Aho!

With love,

Jon